Wednesday 21 March 2012

Masculine vs Feminine.




What I'm wearing: dad's tie, ASOS white boyfriend shirt, H&M blazer, Primark skinnies, vintage Dior belt, H&M turquoise stone ring & H&M amber stone cuff.









To me, nothing says sexy like a girl who can rock the masculine power suit to show the men how it's done, yet still look chic. Coco Chanel, Leighton Meester & Marlene Dietrich are just some of the stylish females who flirted with blazers, shirts and ties.

 Inspired by this I thought my work wear would be a perfect opportunity to experiment with the feminine tux look. Throwing on a white boyfriend shirt and blazer, flicking through my dads tie collection and adding red lips to keep the chic, this was my finished look. Working in the Polo Ralph Lauren section at work, this look suited well, and was actually rather comfy too.Women’s power suits can be a tricky thing to pull off, but with the right fit, a little confidence & sex appeal you can boss it. & just like the wise words of BeyoncĂ©, who runs the world? GIRLS!
x


No comments:

Post a Comment